The GYROTONIC® Method is an original and unique movement method that addresses the entire person by opening energy pathways, stimulating the nervous system, increasing range of motion, and improving strength and movement efficiency. Each session is designed to take the body beyond its current limitations. With these exercises, each movement flows into the next, allowing the joints to move through a natural range of motion without jarring or compression. These carefully crafted sequences create balance, efficiency, strength and flexibility. These exercises are adapted to fit anyone’s ability, from those recovering from injury or living with a disability to elite athletes.
The GYROTONIC® method uses specialized equipment to guide, assist, and challenge the exerciser. The human body is designed to work as one harmonious system, to follow arcing and spiraling paths of motion, and to transition from one movement to the next smoothly and efficiently. GYROTONIC® Method creator, Juliu Horvath, designed a specialized line of equipment around these natural movement patterns. Because the equipment is highly adjustable, it can be customized to fit each person’s unique physique and ability, adapting for things such as height, arm/leg length and range of motion.
People from all walks of life take GYROTONIC® sessions, including fitness enthusiasts, senior citizens, accomplished athletes, and people recovering from an injury or dealing with a disability. GYROTONIC® exercises help athletes improve performance, and rehabilitation clients recover more quickly and fully post injury.
At our studio, the GYROTONIC® Method is practiced in private sessions under the expert instruction of Amanda Balogh, licensed and certified GYROTONIC® Trainer. GYROTONIC® rates are the same as regular private training sessions. It is a perfect complement to your Pilates practice. Book a session online or with Amanda at the studio.
BENEFITS of the GYROTONIC® Method:
- Activates and strengthens core muscles
- Develops strength and flexibility from head to toe
- Improves posture and alignment
- Enhances balance, stability and coordination
- Opens joints creating greater mobility and range of motion
- Provides a low-impact aerobic workout
- Opens and stimulates the energy centers and pathways
- Awakens and rejuvenates neuromuscular connections
- Aids in preventing or rehabilitating injuries
- Increases sports performance (especially golf, skiing, tennis and paddling sports which use rotational movement)